Summary HVIP Policy and Request Changes, July 2019 – March 2020
HVIP has made the following updates to the voucher request process:
- As of July 23, 2019, all funds available for HVIP FY 18-19 have been requested and a waitlist was in effect.
- On October 24, 2019, the California Air Resources Board approved several changes to HVIP policy. The changes went into effect for all voucher requested after October 24, 2019. The changes were not retroactive and therefore did not affect vouchers added to the waitlist before October 24, 2019.
- As of November 1, 2019, the California Air Resources Board has closed the waitlist. HVIP is no longer accepting voucher requests as HVIP has received voucher requests for the entire $142 million FY 19—20 budget.
- On March 18, 2020, voucher requests on the waitlist began to be reviewed for approval. Requests are reviewed in the order they were received by the Voucher Processing Center (VPC). FY 19-20 voucher funding will be sufficient to cover all requests currently on the waitlist.
- HVIP anticipates accepting new voucher requests beginning in November 2020, when FY 20-21 funding becomes available.
For questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Purchases of new 8.9L Low NOx natural gas refuse collection and roll-off vehicles that replace existing natural gas vehicles are (…)
June 21, 2019 HVIP celebrated its first hydrogen fuel cell bus deployment and 10th anniversary at SunLine Transit Agency’s Learning (…)